Updated May 10, 2017
The information we collect falls into the following categories:
- Personally Identifiable Information/Personal Data, which is any information that concerns you individually and would permit someone to identify you, for example, your first and last name, address, telephone number, email address, billing information or any information you submit to the Sites that identifies you individually.
- Usage Information, which may be personally identifiable information to the extent necessary to enable and invoice for the use of the Sites, as well as, other information automatically collected and which may include device identifier information about the type of device, operating system and browser you use, server name, IP address, MAC address of your device, date and time you access the Sites, pages you access while at the Sites, and internet address of the websites, if any, from which you linked directly to the Sites. Except to the extent required by applicable law, we do not consider all usage information to be personally identifiable. We may collate your usage information regarding the use of different telemedia to the extent necessary for invoicing. For the purposes of advertising, market research or in order to design the Sites in a needs-based manner, we may produce profiles of usage based on pseudonyms and you consent to this processing. You may withdraw your consent at any time as set out in section Updating Your Personal Information.
- Anonymous Information, as described under Cookies and Other Passive Tracking Devices, which we can aggregate across users.
You may choose to disclose personally identifiable information about yourself and other information when using the Sites. For example, to access a Service, you may be required to complete registration or order form(s). During registration (and possibly thereafter), we may ask you to give your name, title, company name, telephone number, address, e-mail address, and other contact or identifying information. We also may ask you to choose a user ID, PIN or password.
We may also collect usage and anonymous information by your presence on the Sites, even if you have not registered or subscribed to a Service. We may use this usage and anonymous information to create aggregate information about our users.
We may use the information, including the personally identifiable information, collected through the Sites for the following purposes:
- helping to establish and verify the identity of users;
- opening, maintaining, administering and servicing users’ accounts;
- providing services and support to users;
- processing, servicing or enforcing transactions and sending related communications;
- serving digital advertisements to you on third party ad properties;
- improving the Sites, including tailoring them to users' preferences;
- providing users with product or service updates, promotional notices and offers, and other information about Aspect and our affiliates;
- responding to your questions enquiries, comments and instructions;
- protecting our systems from fraud and unlawful access;
- maintaining the security and integrity of our systems;
- sending you marketing communications; and
Disclosure of Information
We do not provide personally identifiable information to unaffiliated third parties for their use in marketing directly to you. We may use agents, vendors, consultants and other service providers to help maintain and operate the Sites, payment processing and for other reasons related to the operation of our business, and those companies may receive your personally identifiable information for that purpose to the extent necessary. These companies may only use personally identifiable information to perform those functions and may not use it for any other purpose, although we may permit them to use aggregate anonymous information for other purposes.
We must disclose personally identifiable information about you in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. In addition, we may disclose personally identifiable information about you as follows:
- with your consent or at your direction;
- with our affiliates for internal business purposes;
- in connection with legal requirements, such as in response to an authorised subpoena;
- to investigate fraud;
- if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property, life, health, security and safety of us or any third party; and
- to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we may also use IP addresses, mobile device identifiers or any other information we collect to identify users, and may do so in cooperation with copyright owners, internet service providers, wireless service providers or law enforcement agencies in our discretion – such disclosures may be carried out without notice to you; and
- if we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, you may be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on a Site of any change in ownership or uses of your personally identifiable information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personally identifiable information.
We may also disclose aggregated de-identified information to provide information about our Sites to potential business partners and other unaffiliated entities. Aspect will not use your information in ways unrelated to the ones described above without first obtaining your permission.
Updating Your Personal Information
You have the right to access the personally identifiable information we have about you. You may correct, update, amend, delete, block or remove that information by making the change on your online account or contacting us at email@example.com. We may require additional information from you to allow us to confirm your identity. Please note that we will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Cookies and Other Passive Tracking Devices
We may use the information we collect using Passive Tracking Devices to:
- remember your preferences and for facilitating transactions;
- display information and offers that may specifically interest you;
- manage features and programs made available through the Sites;
- measure the Sites’ activity, use and operation to improve user experience and otherwise improve the Sites; and
- optimise our marketing efforts (such as keyword advertising purchase and search engine optimisation) and to determine the success of our marketing campaigns.
We may disclose aggregate anonymous information collected using Passive Tracking Devices to third parties.
To provide service to you, we may send you communications related to your transactions, security or the administration of the Sites. We may also send you other messages or updates about our Sites, our company, our promotions and other activities. If you do not wish to receive non-promotional communications from us, you can opt out at any time by following the instructions provided in those communication, by unsubscribing at http://go2.aspect.com/emailsubscription, or by contacting us as set forth in the Contact Us section below. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving promotional communications, we may continue to send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account, servicing or our ongoing business relations.
Content You Post
Any material you post on the Sites’ public forums (for example, commenting on a blog or submitting questions, responses or other content to any Aspect hosted user group), including personally identifiable information, may be publicly viewable on the Sites as soon as that information is submitted. By posting content to the public forums, you waive any privacy expectations that you may have with respect to the material posted. If you do not want others to see content, please do not submit it to the public forums.
The Sites may contain links to other websites that are not maintained or related to Aspect. You may also be directed to a third party website for certain purposes, such as registering with us or submitting a job application. Please note that these other websites’ privacy and cookies’ policies may differ from ours. We encourage you to read the privacy and cookies’ statement of any website you may visit because we are not responsible for any other website’s content, representations or policies.
The Sites are directed toward and designed for use by persons aged 13 or older. We do not solicit or knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected personal information of a child under the age of 13, we will take reasonable steps to delete that data from our systems. Additionally, a child’s parent or legal guardian may request that the child’s information be corrected or deleted from our files by contacting us as set forth in the Contact Us section below. We also encourage you to seek further advice for protecting children’s privacy online as appropriate (for example by visiting the U.S. Federal Trade Commission’s website).
We maintain reasonable physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to help guard personally identifiable information from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Access to your personally identifiable information is limited only to those employees, contractors or authorised agents of Aspect who have authorisation to access your personally identifiable information and that access is limited to the extent the information is needed to fulfill the task for which personally identifiable information was collected. Please be aware, however, that any email or other transmission you send through the internet cannot be completely protected, and we cannot guarantee the security of your information you transmit to our Sites. We recommend you to take every precaution to protect your personal information when you are on the internet. For example, change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers when creating passwords and make sure you use a secure browser.
For further information about our privacy practices, please contact:
300 Apollo Drive
Chelmsford, MA 01824
978 244 7410 (fax)
© 2017 Aspect Software, Inc.