When was the last time you gave your call centre—the nexus of your customers’ experience—a gut check? Doing so frequently will help sustain your customer relationships and competitive edge against market players. Now is a good time to take a look at how your existing contact centre solution is performing and if there are any holes that need to be filled.
If you’ve hit a roadblock with your existing contact centre solution, consider your options. If you have a legacy system or don’t have access to the functionality you need to serve today’s digital consumers, a cloud contact centre may be your answer. Cloud call centres are more flexible, agile and cost-efficient in the long term than premise-based solutions. According to DMG Consulting:
- 62 percent of organisations are currently using some type of cloud-based call centre solution
- 45 percent of companies that are not using a cloud-based contact centre solution say they are planning to move in this direction in the next 18 months
If you’re ready to select a cloud call centre solution, or if you’ve settled upon a potential vendor, consider asking the questions below to ensure the investment is the right fit for you.
1. Can the contact centre solution support multiple customer interaction channels, such as voice, text, web and social?
One of the greatest benefits of the cloud is that it eases omnichannel service integration. If your call centre solution of choice cannot properly support next-generation interaction channels—the kinds that customers are using in droves—then you’ll be setting yourself up for failure.
2. Is the contact centre solution system agile to evolve and scale with my company’s changing customer support needs?
When you need burstability — the power to scale at a moment’s notice — a cloud contact centre is the right option to react quickly to changing demand, making you more agile and competitive. Additionally, the continuous delivery model means you always have the most up-to-date software without the need for disruptive updates.
3. Is there an uptime service level agreement?
You simply cannot compromise when it comes to ensuring uptime; make sure that your call centre vendor has included an uptime SLA as a part of your service contract.
4. Does the contact centre vendor have a reputation for reliability?
You shouldn’t partner with a call centre vendor unless you are 100 percent confident in its reliability. For example, does the vendor have proof points of its availability with customers who are similar to your business in scope and size? What are their processes for remedying call centre issues when they occur? And how quickly does the vendor correct problems?
5. Can the contact centre solution be used by remote customer service agents to support customers globally without requiring multiple physical contact centre locations?
If you are running a multi-site contact centre consisting of remote and at-home virtual call centre agents, your solution of choice must boast centralised control. This will enable you to quickly and more easily manage your facility, which results in your off-site agents being able to support your customers worldwide—even if they’re not located in a formal contact centre location.
6. Am I confident the contact centre vendor will continue to add new features that keep up with customer demands and not leave me under contract with an out-of-date solution?
Your call centre partner of choice cannot deploy and walk away or your business will suffer. Instead, as the market continues to evolve, your contact centre vendor should ensure that your contact centre is keeping current with emerging new interaction channels and functionality so that your company can comfortably, and profitably, grow.
7. Does the call centre vendor’s platform support my strategy for providing customer service to mobile customers?
Look for a solution that can help your company deliver cohesive self-service and agent-assisted service across all mobile channels, including voice, text, social and mobile Web apps. Ask yourself if the system’s features can be augmented with your current offerings to make interactions more efficient and effective.
Contact us today to learn how Aspect can help facilitate your cloud call centre experience.