Date: 11/18/2014, San Jose, CA
- Aspect RTC Platform will create seamless handover from self to live service by capturing and sharing the context of customer interactions on websites or mobile apps
- Helps expedite prequalification of incoming contacts, bridges contact center and mobile apps so the customer journey and experience is uninterrupted no matter the channel
- Deployment models include cloud, on-premises licensing, and hybrid implementations
Aspect Software, a leading provider of fully-integrated customer interaction management, workforce optimization, back-office and award-winning cloud solutions, today announced at the WebRTC Conference and Expo (November 18 – 20 in San Jose, CA) that it is accepting early adopters for its RTC Platform (Real-Time Communications) for embedded audio-only or audio and video conversations between enterprise contact centers and customers on the Web or mobile apps. Early adopters benefit from being able to trial the solution in their existing contact center and provide feedback and input on functionality.
Through the RTC Platform, consumers will be able to move seamlessly from Web chat to an audio call with the click of a button. Should the situation call for it, they can even choose to engage in a co-browsing session with screen-sharing, allowing the agent to control their browser and annotate on their screen, either on the Web or in a mobile setting. The solution will also enable the ability for a conversation to lead to a one-way or two-way video session, adding an extra bit of personal touch in the engagement.
The solution will give consumers direct access to contact center agents at crucial moments in the customer journey, helping to prevent consumer dissatisfaction and enable companies to recover at-risk customer relationships that would otherwise be lost. The technology will also accommodate an increasingly dispersed workforce by allowing retailers to centralize their experts virtually and expose their knowledge in branches and POS's through kiosks and in-store stations.
“Customer service is often a disrupted process today. Customers that want to call a business while browsing a website or mobile app have to change mediums by picking up the phone to speak to a representative. During this process the previous interaction context is lost, leading to customer frustration, or worse: loss of business,” said Tobias Goebel, Director Mobile Strategy at Aspect. “The Aspect RTC Platform will extend the spectrum of the omni-channel customer experience beyond Web chat and audio communication to include video and co-browsing and facilitate a seamless transition from self-service to live service while preserving the context of previous interactions.”
The Aspect RTC platform integrates with Aspect® Unified IP® and Zipwire™ Aspect’s cloud contact center platform, and third party contact center solutions such as Genesys and Cisco for quick access to real-time customer data including estimated wait times through agent screen-pops. By leveraging the SIP standard, it will be able to be integrated with any SIP-compliant real-time communications environment. The solution will be available on premises as well as in the Aspect Cloud, the company’s expansive and patented global data center and telecommunications infrastructure optimized to deliver Aspect’s SaaS, hosted and managed service offerings.
The Aspect RTC Platform leverages the WebRTC standard, already embedded in Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox today, with more than 1 billion endpoints enabled according to analyst estimates.
Aspect RTC Platform provides the following benefits:
- Cost savings – By deflecting calls from the PSTN (public switched telephone network) and having them originate on a Website or mobile app, companies will be able to avoid PSTN costs and process the incoming calls using Internet telephony instead. RTC Platform delivers audio as standard SIP calls.
- Improved customer experience and retention – By giving customers direct access to contact center agents at the point and place where it’s needed, avoiding the IVR, and by adding video to provide a human touch, companies will be able to improve customer satisfaction, see an increase of NPS ratings, and recover customer relationships that would otherwise be lost.
- Improved agent experience – By adding video and high-definition audio, agents will appreciate that they will now see the people they help and enjoy a better overall experience. This in turn has an impact on customer perception.
- Increased first call resolution (FCR) rates, lowered average handle time (AHT) – Contacts coming in through websites or mobile apps will be 100% pre-qualified before getting routed to the appropriate agent. This will help get rid of call-routing IVR and significantly reduce average handling time while improving first contact resolution.
“Mobile customer service needs improvement. And the most appropriate use for WebRTC in the contact center is within existing mobile applications so that customers can start a voice or video conversation with minimal effort,” says Aphrodite Brinsmead, Senior Analyst, Customer Engagement at Ovum. “The advantage of this over traditional calling is that customers don’t need to leave the application or navigate an IVR to reach a live agent. They gain a better experience and their data is used to find the right agent and educate that agent on their previous interactions. It removes multiple steps from the support interaction, enhancing the customer experience by reducing effort.”
Aspect is currently inviting early adopter customers to trial the solution and its integration into existing contact center infrastructure. For information of becoming and early adopter, go to www.aspect.com/webrtc for more information.
Aspect’s fully-integrated solution unifies the three most important facets of modern customer engagement strategy: customer interaction management, workforce optimization, and back-office. Through a full suite of cloud, hosted and hybrid deployment options, we help the world’s most demanding contact centers and back offices seamlessly align their people, processes and touch points to deliver remarkable customer experiences. For more information, visit www.aspect.com.
Follow Aspect on Twitter at @AspectSoftware. Read our blogs at http://blogs.aspect.com.
# # #
Aspect, the Aspect logo, Voxeo and the Voxeo logo are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Aspect Software, Inc. or Voxeo Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. The names of other companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.